Toxic molds are a surprisingly common threat. One of the most common danger zones is the home, but molds can grow anywhere there is sufficient moisture. Although rare, toxic molds have been reported to cause pulmonary hemorrhage or memory loss. Your personal injury lawyer will have difficulty establishing causal links, but some good indicators are itchy, watery eyes, a runny or stuffy nose, skin irritations and difficulty breathing.
Those with chronic respiratory or immune suppression problems may be especially sensitive to toxic molds. Please consult your physician to ensure that those family members receive proper care. Regular cleaning will also help maintain a safe and clean environment.
If you suspect toxic molds may be present in your home or other buildings, we’d recommend consulting with a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. A personal injury lawyer can help determine the exact type of mold, its source and identify any responsible parties. Your personal injury lawyer may then be able to obtain compensation for you and your family from multiple parties including the builders, building owners, and manufacturers of products used in the building.